This chili chocolate mousse is so rich and zesty. The unique, interesting combination of chili and chocolate is elegant, rich, and refreshing – perfect for the autumn-winter season. Plus, this mousse will make you happy each time when you are in PMS or feel blue (family and friends tested). Quick and simple – here is the recipe:
- 2 packs high-quality dark chocolate (3.5 oz./100 grams each)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus extra for dusting
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the dark chocolate over low heat or in a microwave for 30 sec.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk egg yolks into the melted dark chocolate and mix until incorporated, then add the chili powder and combine all over again. Gently add in egg whites and whisk for 2 minutes until well incorporated.
- Spread into individual glasses and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set. Before serving, sprinkle some extra chili powder. Serve.