This espresso and chocolate Bundt cake is so moist and fluffy and it goes perfectly with a cup of coffee, ice tea, or hot tea. It can be an ideal boosting breakfast that will offer you an energy and make your day. The preparation time is 20 minutes plus around 45 minutes to cook – quick and easy! Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (240 ml) Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee, dissolved in one tablespoon water
For the glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Grease a 10-in. Bundt pan; set aside.
- Combine together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until combined. Pour the melted butter, yogurt, and espresso coffee, and beat until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and combine until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean with some moist crumbs. Allow cool in the pan for around 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto a cake stand or serving plate. Let it cool completely before glazing.
- To finish, drizzle caramel glaze over the cake. Slice and serve.