This chocolate chip and pumpkin milk cake are so well moist, soft, rich and yummy! The ultimate dessert for this season. Easy to prepare and really delicious! The combination of chocolate and pumpkin touched with milk is so unique and flawless! Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 stick (7 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and chilled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Oil a non-stick 8-in. round baking pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add 1 cup of flour and the whole milk, then the rest of the flour. Stir until just combined (don’t overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan; smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake until firm to the touch and a tester inserted in middle comes out clean (about 55 to 60 min.).
- Allow cake to cool in pan on a rack for 7 minutes, then invert onto wire rack.
- Then, immediately turn right side up onto a flat plate to cool completely. Once cooled, frost with chocolate frosting (if desired). Cut into squares and serve.